We are RECRUITING! Interested in an accounting and administration position? Apply now!
August 11, 2017
ACCOUNTING AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
CQDM is a not-for-profit pharma-based consortium active in biopharmaceutical research whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies to accelerate drug discovery. Unique in the world, CQDM’s business model is based on a collaborative approach where all stakeholders share the costs of biopharmaceutical research and benefit from its results. CQDM also provides a common meeting ground where academia, governments, biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry converge to address numerous complex medical challenges. CQDM benefits from the financial support of Merck, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis and Sanofi, 9 of the 12 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, the Government of Quebec through its Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation (MESI), and the Government of Canada (Business Led-Networks of Centres of Excellence [BL-NCE] program). Since its inception, CQDM has raised $65 million, built an impressive portfolio of 60 outstanding technologies that impact biopharmaceutical research, and mobilized a national and international network of over 800 researchers from 74 different research institutions, universities, and small and medium-sized enterprises. Information: www.cqdm.org.
Summary of position
Under the authority of the Vice President Finance and Administration, the person selected will play a leading role in two important areas, accounting and administrative services for CQDM and CATALIS, a government initiative hosted by CQDM.
- Responsible for the accounting entry, ledger production, audit balances and preparation of month end accounting records;
- Supervise the production of tax returns and manage sales tax records and deductions;
- Prepare and monitors budgets and tracks expenditures;
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and corresponding analyzes;
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls with authorised payroll provider;
- Manage tax records related to R&D expenses;
- Coordinate the preparation of federal and Quebec government annual reports;
- Prepare other analysis to confirm compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Provide a liaison with governments, banks, pharma companies and other stakeholders;
- Prepare the annual corporate insurance applications;
- Manage human resources policies and social benefit plans;
- Provide support for CQDM funding applications;
- Responsible for compilation of key performance indicator and develop effective reporting tools;
- Manage the financial aspect (budget, disbursements) of the R&D projects funded by CQDM;
- Manage IT equipment and services.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or business administration;
- A professional title, an asset;
- At least 5-10 years of experience in accounting or in a related field;
- Relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, an asset;
- Good knowledge of Sage accounting software.
- Fully bilingual, with good writing skills in French and English;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products with proficiency in Excel;
- Initiative and autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Ability and detail oriented to manage priorities under pressure under tight deadlines;
- Agile, with an ability to integrate into a small organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills with professional attitude.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation to Jennifer Saleeb at firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest October 15th, 2017. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.