We are RECRUITING! Interested in a Director of Programs position? Apply now!
August 17, 2017
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
CQDM is a not-for-profit pharma-based consortium active in biopharmaceutical research whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies to accelerate drug discovery. Unique in the world, CQDM’s business model is based on a collaborative approach where all stakeholders share the costs of biopharmaceutical research and benefit from its results. CQDM also provides a common meeting ground where academia, governments, biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry converge to address numerous complex medical challenges. CQDM benefits from the financial support of Merck, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis and Sanofi, 9 of the 12 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, the Government of Quebec through its Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation (MESI), and the Government of Canada. Since its inception, CQDM has raised $65 million, built an impressive portfolio of 60 outstanding technologies that impact biopharmaceutical research, and mobilized a national and international network of over 800 researchers from 74 different public and private research institutions. Information: www.cqdm.org.
Summary of position
The person selected will play a key role in 3 important areas in the company: 1) Management of the call of proposals and the project selection process; 2) Monitoring funded projects; 3) Promotion of Scientific Affairs and relations with CQDM partners.
Manage the evaluation process of projects submitted during the call of proposals:
- Prepare documentation for the call of proposals;
- Organize the pre-selection process of the projects;
- Responsible for the risk analysis process during the selection of projects;
- Organize the scientific evaluation with external scientific expert committees;
- Report results to CQDM’s advisory committees;
- Give feedback to officials of the proposals;
- Involved in the execution of research agreements with research institutes and SMEs.
Oversee the management of CQDM funded projects:
- Maintain strong interactions regularly with researchers funded by CQDM;
- Receive and evaluate financial and scientific reports of R&D projects;
- Disbursement of funding for R&D projects;
- Responsible for monitoring several key performance indicators related to R&D projects;
- Report on advancement of R&D projects to CQDM’s advisory committees;
- Produce annual reports to government authorities.
- Participate in the planning and organization of the Consortium’s scientific activities;
- Provide support to communications projects (annual report, website, etc.);
- Contribute to the promotion of funded projects;
- Interact on a regular basis with governmental authorities and CQDM’s co-financing partners.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. in a discipline within the field of life sciences directly related to drug development;
- Training in project management is an important asset;
- 5-10 years minimum experience in project management of scientific research in the field of drug development;
- Relevant experience in the management of call for proposals of scientific research is an asset;
- Broad knowledge of concepts across drug discovery and drug development;
- Knowledge of university and industrial networks of research in Quebec and Canada.
Abilities and qualifications
- Perfectly bilingual, with excellent writing skills in both languages;
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects while prioritizing tasks;
- Detail oriented and thorough;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly competitive environment with proven ability in achieving results;
- Initiative and autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Credibility established within the scientific community;
- Dynamic and enjoy teamwork;
- Agile, with an ability to integrate into a small organization;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Interested candidates must submit their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation to Jennifer Saleeb at firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest October 15th, 2017. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.