We are RECRUITING! Interested in a Manager of Communication and Marketing position? Apply now!
October 18, 2017
MANAGER - COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING
CQDM is a not-for-profit pharma-based consortium active in biopharmaceutical research whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies to accelerate drug discovery. Unique in the world, CQDM’s business model is based on a collaborative approach where all stakeholders share the costs of biopharmaceutical research and benefit from its results. CQDM also provides a common meeting ground where academia, governments, biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry converge to address numerous complex medical challenges. CQDM benefits from the financial support of Merck, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis and Sanofi, 9 of the 12 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, the Government of Quebec through its Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation (MESI), and the Government of Canada (Business Led-Networks of Centres of Excellence [BL-NCE] program). Since its inception, CQDM has raised $65 million, built an impressive portfolio of 60 outstanding technologies that impact biopharmaceutical research, and mobilized a national and international network of over 800 researchers from 74 different research institutions, universities, and small and medium-sized enterprises.
The CQDM also hosts the project named "CATALIS - Clinical Research Québec", which aims to promote early clinical research in Québec and facilitate collaboration between the various life sciences stakeholders to accelerate the development of innovative treatments. Information: www.cqdm.org and www.catalisquebec.com.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer of CQDM, the person selected will play a predominant role in communication and marketing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement the communication strategy of the Organization based on its vision and objectives;
- Establishment and follow-up to the communication plan and the marketing strategy;
- Manage relationships with communication and marketing agencies;
- Develop the necessary tools to make the organization known at the provincial, national and international levels;
- Ensure the promotion and positioning of the Organization and its projects in the international market;
- As part of the CATALIS project, ensure the promotion and positioning of Québec hospitals and research expertise with early stage clinical research in the international market;
- Develop promotional materials (e.g. presentations, brochures, and other corporate documents) in collaboration with external specialized stakeholders;
- Responsible for the promotion and the corresponding logistics of scientific and corporate events (e.g. workshops, forums, information sessions, networking events);
- Participate in the development and maintenance of sound government relationships at all levels, primarily with the federal and Quebec governments;
- Responsible for the drafting and dissemination of press releases;
- Manage all media relations;
- Create, draft, and update the Organization’s web content on a regular and timely basis;
- Ensure the cohesiveness of the Organization’s internal and external communications in all activities of the Organization;
- Ensure the visibility of the Organization on all social networks;
- Conduct benchmarking analysis;
- Manage the Organization’s CRM and other business development tools efficiently and effectively;
- Perform text editing and proofreading;
- Performs analysis reports of the various activities and monitors to ensure optimal visibility of the organization in the various media;
- Performs all other tasks related to this position.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in marketing or communications;
- Relevant experience in biopharmaceutical industry or clinical research is preferred.
- Perfectly bilingual, with excellent writing skills in both languages;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products: especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent editorial skills;
- Outstanding command of the web, social networks, and other relevant platforms as communication tools;
- Autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Excellent planner with ability to manage priorities;
- Detail oriented and thorough;
- Agile, with an ability to integrate into a small organization;
- Highly motivated and performance driven;
- Rigor, precision and attention to detail in keeping with priorities and deadlines;
- Dynamic and enjoy teamwork ;
- Strong sense of organization;
- Creativity, in order to design new campaigns and promotional materials;
- Flexibility, in order to respond to market changes;
- Strong interpersonal skills.