We are RECRUITING! Interested in a Project Manager position? Apply now!
March 6, 2018
PROJECT MANAGER FONDS D’ACCÉLÉRATION DES COLLABORATIONS EN SANTÉ
CQDM is a not-for-profit pharma-based consortium active in biopharmaceutical research whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies to accelerate drug discovery. Unique in the world, CQDM’s business model is based on a collaborative approach where all stakeholders share the costs of biopharmaceutical research and benefit from its results. CQDM also provides a common meeting ground where academia, governments, biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry converge to address numerous complex medical challenges. Information: www.cqdm.org.
CQDM was recently mandated by the Ministère de l’Économie de la Science et de l’Innovation (MESI) to manage the Fonds d’accélération des collaborations en santé du Québec (FACS), a fund totalling up to $75M launched by the MESI to support and strengthen collaborations across the life sciences innovation chain in Quebec.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Director, FACS, the person selected willbe involved in all aspects of project management related to projects selected within the program, acting as a resource person for the research teams. He/she will actively participate in the evaluation process of the funding proposals as well as in the overall scientific and financial aspects of the projects awarded by the MESI. The Project Manager will follow the projects closely to ensure that objectives and milestones remain in line with the agreed schedule. From time to time, he/she might also be asked to participate in the project management aspect of projects funded by other CQDM programs.
1) Evaluation of Funding Proposals
The Project Manager actively participates in the planning and implementation of the evaluation process of the projects:
- Participates in the identification of the Evaluation Committee Members in collaboration with the Committee Chairs;
- Acts as a contact person for evaluators throughout the evaluation process;
- Ensures the process in place satisfies the MESI requirements;
- Takes responsibility for the document’s management and logistics of the application evaluation process;
- Collaborates with the Committee Chairs on the elaboration of an evaluation report.
2) Projects follow-up
The Program Manager takes responsibility for the scientific and budgetary follow-up of awarded projects:
- Executes research agreements with the investigators and private partners for all projects;
- Monitors awarded projects and maintains close interactions with the investigators;
- Receives and evaluates financial and scientific reports of projects according to timeline;
- Establishes the Research Oversight Committees;
- Participates in the meetings of the Research Oversight Committees;
- Collaborates with the CQDM team to ensure the timely disbursement of projects;
- Monitors several performance indicators related to the projects.
Education and experience
- M. Sc. or Ph.D. in a discipline within the field of life sciences;
- 3-5 years minimum relevant experience;
- Project management or business administration training is an important asset;
- Knowledge of university and industrial networks of research in Quebec is an asset.
Abilities and qualifications
- Bilingual, with excellent writing skills in both languages;
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects while prioritizing tasks;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and thorough;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - interacts and communicates with internal and external stakeholders with great fluency;
- Initiative and autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Team player;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and a letter of introduction to Véronique Dugas at email@example.com by March 19th, 2018.
We thank all interested candidates. Please note that we will only communicate with the selected candidates for an interview.