We are RECRUITING! Interested in a Controller position? Apply now!
July 27, 2018
CQDM is a not-for-profit pharma-based consortium active in biopharmaceutical research whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies to accelerate drug discovery. Unique in the world, CQDM’s business model is based on a collaborative approach where all stakeholders share the costs of biopharmaceutical research and benefit from its results. CQDM also provides a common meeting ground where academia, governments, biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry converge to address numerous complex medical challenges. CQDM benefits from the financial support of Merck, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis, Sanofi, and Servier 10 of the 12 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, the Government of Quebec through its Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation (MESI), and the Government of Canada (Business Led-Networks of Centres of Excellence [BL-NCE] program). Since its inception, CQDM has raised $78 million, built an impressive portfolio of 64 outstanding technologies that impact biopharmaceutical research, and mobilized a national and international network of over 976 researchers from 78 different research institutions, universities, and small and medium-sized enterprises. Information: www.cqdm.org.
Summary of position
Under the authority of the Vice President Finance and Administration, the person selected will play a leading role in two important areas, accounting and administrative services for CQDM and CATALIS Québec, an affiliated company.
- Responsible for the accounting entry, ledger production, audit balances and preparation of month end accounting records;
- Supervise the production of tax returns and manage sales tax records and deductions;
- Prepare and monitor budgets and track expenditures;
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and corresponding analyzes;
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls with authorised payroll provider;
- Manage tax records related to R&D expenses;
- Coordinate the preparation of federal and Quebec government annual reports;
- Prepare other analysis to confirm compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Provide a liaison with governments, banks, pharma companies and other stakeholders;
- Prepare the annual corporate insurance applications;
- Manage human resources policies and social benefit plans;
- Provide support for funding applications;
- Responsible for compilation of key performance indicators and to develop effective reporting tools;
- Manage the financial aspect (budget, disbursements) of the R&D funded projects;
- Manage IT equipment and services.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or business administration;
- A professional title, an asset;
- At least 5-10 years of related experience;
- Relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, an asset;
- Good knowledge of Sage accounting software.
- Fully bilingual, with good writing skills in French and English;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products with proficiency in Excel;
- Initiative and autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Ability and detail oriented to manage priorities under pressure under tight deadlines;
- Agile, with an ability to integrate into a small organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills with professional attitude.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and a letter of introduction to Michael Bridges at firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest August 31st, 2018. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.